We appreciate your interest, but we currently have no vacancies.
A unique opportunity has arisen to help us expand our successful business. We have been offered a fantastic opportunity to open another outlet and are looking for someone to help us manage and run this new shop and workshop. This will be part time initially but with a strong desire for us to make this full time, or a job share role.
If you are passionate about cycling and outstanding customer service, then this could be a perfect opportunity for you.
Previous experience working within the cycle industry would be great, but not essential. However, excellent communication and customer service skills are essential.
What is the role?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, competent cycle technician or someone with good mechanical knowledge willing to learn new skills in cycle maintenance and repair, with excellent time management skills who can work alone and use their initiative to manage and run our new shop and workshop. We want you to go the extra mile for our customers.
Main responsibilities for this role
- Bike diagnostics, maintenance and repairs
- Sales of parts and accessories
- Having excellent product knowledge
- Ensuring our customers are always happy
- Assembly and pre-delivery inspection of new bikes
- Product demonstrations where necessary
- Keeping the shop and work areas neat, tidy and organised
- Responsibility for daily opening and closing of premises as required
- Organising workflow
- Taking payments, cash handling, accurate record keeping
- Administrative duties including booking of repairs and warranties
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Working to support reduction of our carbon footprint
Who we are looking for
- Someone who is not only good with a spanner but who represents a whole package who can really contribute to our growing business with a friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- Passionate about all types of cycling
- Must have excellent communication skills and understand the importance of outstanding customer service
- You must be able to work well under pressure, both alone and as a member of a small team
- Comfortable using online technology in the job
- Available to work weekends
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Know your own limits and when to ask for assistance
Qualifications & Experience
These are desirable, but training will be offered to a suitable person.
- Cytech qualification
- Experience in cycle maintenance
- Previous customer sales/service experience (preferably in the cycle industry)
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- Initially 20 hours per week, but with a plan to increase
- Personal development opportunities
- A modern, open space with excellent working conditions
- Free on-site parking and bike storage
- Employee discount
- A chance to get ‘on yer bike’ and be paid while you’re at it!
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a letter of application explaining why you’d be a great addition to our team for this role.
You can post your application to us at: Newark Cycles Ltd, 53 Baldertongate, Newark, NG24 1UE or email us at: email@example.com
If you would like more information prior to making your application please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for an informal chat.